Why become a trip leader?
- Leadership opportunity and a chance to build community with other climbers
- Lead whatever climbing trips you want! Whether it be in the gym, local crag, or a big climbing destination!
- Access to gear locker
- Access to pro deals
- Trip leader retreats to sharpen your skills as a climber
How to become a trip leader:
1 – Fill out the trip leader interest form and let us know who you are!
2 – After filling out the interest form, you’ll enroll in the Basic Leader Training (BLT) Canvas course. Complete all the modules and quizzes on this course.
3 – Once you completed the BLT, you become an assistant Trip Leader. From here, you must co-lead a trip to get hands-on experience with trip leading
4 – Lastly, you must complete the Hoofer Leader Onboarding form, found here.
Trip Leader Resources
- Trip clinic planning documents
- Trip safety, emergency planning, rating system documents